Major cities have superb hotels that offer relaxation, dining and fun activities. If you feel like splurging some cash and are tired of gambling at online casinos such as springbok, try a offline casino. You get you dose of adrenaline and go home sated, with an empty of full wallet. The grandest casino in that will ensure full satisfaction is The Grand West Casino, at Goodwood.
It began doing business in December 2000. It’s located at the former Cape Show Grounds 15 kilometers away from the town center. Superbly surrounded by beautiful gardens and modern buildings. The casino and open every day for 24 hours. You can plan the time to play, eat, and sleep. It’s the largest in Cape Town and offers gaming facilities for smokers and non-smokers alike.
The casino has a lodge with 176 guestrooms from ZAR 1,343 per room. Babysitting and childcare services are available at an extra charge. The baths rooms are private with bathtub and shower separated.
The Grand West Casino houses:
- The Hussar Grill for the best game meat.
- Alabama Sports Bar where you can watch your favorite games on big screen TV as you enjoy your drink and meal.
- Beijing Orchid for the exotic Asian cuisine. Vegetarian dishes also include the same spices found in meat dishes at upscale prices.
- Casa Bella for sumptuous Italian meals like homemade pasta, pizzas and signature grills at average prices.
- Bukhara to enjoy all the spicy flavors that come with Indian food. The prices are a bit on the higher side.
- Cape Town Fish Market for the best and freshest seafood.
- Golden Anchor lounge where between 1100h to 2400h you can get drinks and snacks.
- Hanover Street for night revelers who like to dance. The nightclub hosts live acts and best DJs in Cape Town.
Others include Quarter Deck Restaurant for a lavish buffet. It offers stir-fries, vegetables, casseroles, at fair prices. Silver Dollar Spur and Union Castle Club.
There are 2563 slot machines and over 79 premiums tables games. Smart card technology is the custom on the machines so no cash or coins. The slots take denominations as low as 2c. tracking of games is real-time and you get your award right away. The Salon Privé is available to Platinum and Diamond MVG members only. Premium tables offer Blackjack, Stud Poker, Roulette, Grand Dice, and Baccarat games. The Privé has 156 slot machines with denominations varying from 50C to R100.
If you like to play big there’s a table area primarily for serious players. You get exclusive entry to the Captain’s Cabin which has an American Roulette table, Baccarat Table, and Blackjack table. The games encompass new or reputable players. The main casino floor has High Limits table are where you get customized service and free drinks. The Poker Pit is located on the main casino flow where players engage in weekly tournaments.
Grand West Casino Series of Poker bid shows are held every 3 to 4 months and feature nearly 200 players.
The kids have their own activities to keep them busy. The Ice Station – a skating rink for five-year-olds and under. A play center with fun rides, go-karts, and bumper cars.
Everyone can enjoy the bowling area, modern arcade games, laser tag and Nu Metro cinemas to catch the latest movies. You can exchange tickets won at the arcade for toys and prizes.
The Casino definitely has something for everyone. It comes highly recommended and hosts live events like the Disney on Ice Show and several concerts. Each time you visit a Sun International property and play, you earn Leisure points. You can use them to pay for your dining, hotel room, and entertainment.